The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Tow Hooks...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my98gsx

Supporting VIP
Aug 14, 2005
Wappingers, New_York
Every time my GSX breaks down I have been very lucky. I have always managed to be able to pop off the front bumper, and have a buddys truck pull me home, saving an expensive flatbed charge. Taking the bumper and the frontmount off is such a pain on the side of the road to get a tow spot though... ( I know, i know dont anyone say it - its a honda thing but - ) I was thinking about putting tow hooks on my 2g. I want to do this in a funcional, non-rice way and i was trying to see if anyone else has done this without making it look like an ebay modded civic. Can anyone point me in the right direction or post some pics of 2gs with some type of tow hook installed. thanks.

you could get some 3/8 rod and get it bent into a U type shape and weld it to the front fore and aft crossmember?

Not another one of these threads.. If you want to put a tow hook on your car put a tow hook on your car, you don't need everyones approval. It is YOUR car, not DSMTuners car. If the tow hook doesn't look bad and is functionable I don't see a reason to not get one..

Not another one of these threads.. If you want to put a tow hook on your car put a tow hook on your car, you don't need everyones approval. It is YOUR car, not DSMTuners car. If the tow hook doesn't look bad and is functionable I don't see a reason to not get one..

I lurk on here a lot and it seems like every one of your post you have some negative to say, what the hell is up with that? Scrolling through your post statistics it looks like in just about every post you have something negative to say or put down someones car or idea's. Its actually quite annoying. My Dad always told me if you dont have anything nice to say, then dont say anything.

Personally I like that idea I found this thread searching for a solution like this, have you decided what you were going to do with this my98gsx?

i bought a rope with a hook in each side and when i pull my car i hook it up on the hole in the cross member that goes from the radiator support to the back..

theirs a hole right in between of the radiator support and the motor mount (theirs actually 2 holes so you can take off the mount)see it? well you should hook it up from their and thats it see if i can get a pic
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
I lurk on here a lot and it seems like every one of your post you have some negative to say, what the hell is up with that? Scrolling through your post statistics it looks like in just about every post you have something negative to say or put down someones car or idea's. Its actually quite annoying. My Dad always told me if you dont have anything nice to say, then dont say anything.

Personally I like that idea I found this thread searching for a solution like this, have you decided what you were going to do with this my98gsx?

umadbro? thats kinda creepy that you went through his post stats
but to each his own.

now back on topic to the op ive been very interested in a solution to this. Im always loading and unloading the talon onto a trailer and it would be nice to have a hook in the front for the winch on my buddies trailer. I just havent found a real good spot or way to mount the hook.

i bought a rope with a hook in each side and when i pull my car i hook it up on the hole in the cross member that goes from the radiator support to the back..

theirs a hole right in between of the radiator support and the motor mount (theirs actually 2 holes so you can take off the mount)see it? well you should hook it up from their and thats it see if i can get a pic
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That's what I have been doing, however it is starting to mess up the hole a little bit and if there is not tension on the rope it will come out.

umadbro? thats kinda creepy that you went through his post stats
but to each his own.

Not mad, just calling dude out on his negativity.. Call it what you'd like, just tryin to get my point across.

That's what I have been doing, however it is starting to mess up the hole a little bit and if there is not tension on the rope it will come out.

LOL yeah look at it and mine is now like an oval LOL well just keep it with tension LOL

THANK YOU Colt90tsi, its uncalled for. This forum is to share ideas and thats what im trying to do. Yes i did find a nice solution to my issue. To sum it up im going to just put a front tow hook on for now. I found a site that sells folding hooks so they wont be sticking out untill needed. They also mount via a threaded style rod, not flat like most of the ones on the market. This will allow me to drill one hole in my front bumper cover above the fog lights. I think itll look nice when done i have the "vision" LOL . ill post pics as soon as it comes together

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back