The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

I added my own touch to my Eagle emblem.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Widow97

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 2, 2010
Oxbow, North_Dakota
I finally got around to painting the Eagle emblem that goes on the rear bumper of my car. I got some red emblems off my old ESi bumper. I was only able to use the Eagle emblem and letters. I still need to find the TSi AWD letters in red.

Anyhow, as you can see from my avatar, my car is black. Mt theme with the car is going to be black with a few small red accents. (I.E. lettering, brake calipers, and maybe a "DSMTuners" decal) I thought having the Eagle emblem all red would stick out too much, so I painted the sunk in portion of it black, and left the raised parts red. Turned out good IMO. I will be sure to post up some pics when I get them placed on the car as well.

The first pic is after the first coat of paint, and the second is after the second coat.

If anyone has TSi AWD in red and wants to sell, let me know

Attachments

• IMG_1307.jpg
    IMG_1307.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1308.jpg
    IMG_1308.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 87
i would spray some clear on it so it gets a real shinny look. that would look great

Looks good. If you want red letters go to a graphics/vinyl shop. They will be able to make you the lettering in red using the same font as the OEM vinyls for reallyl cheap. $10-15 should get you the vinyls you want.

Looks good. If you want red letters go to a graphics/vinyl shop. They will be able to make you the lettering in red using the same font as the OEM vinyls for reallyl cheap. $10-15 should get you the vinyls you want.

I thought about that. But I would like them to be raised like the OEM letters are. It kind of gives it a 3D look to it. Thanks for the suggestion though. :hellyeah:

Looks good; I wouldn't add any letters personally.

Looks good; I wouldn't add any letters personally.

Originally I wasn't going to either. My theory behind it is that it will help bring my color scheme a to the rear end and tie it in a bit more. I will have the letters on my twisty skirts painted red and the emblem on the front bumper will look the same as this one (just bigger). This way I will have a touch of red on all four sides. If I end up not liking it, I can always take them off. :thumb:

Originally I wasn't going to either. My theory behind it is that it will help bring my color scheme a to the rear end and tie it in a bit more. I will have the letters on my twisty skirts painted red and the emblem on the front bumper will look the same as this one (just bigger). This way I will have a touch of red on all four sides. If I end up not liking it, I can always take them off. :thumb:

Thinking of it, it makes sense and could look very nice. And like you said you can always take it off! :thumb:

Oh hell yeah.. Looks like hawtness on the whipsicle bro!

Yeah I removed them, the letters are from a 95 car. I don't think 97-98 had available red lettering. I glued them back on with an adhesive/sealant I have at home. I forget what brand. But it holds pretty strong. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back