The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

First DSM Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turbo_McDuck_87

Probationary Member
Aug 25, 2010
Des Moines, Iowa
I am looking to buy a GSX. I am currently between a rock and a hard place. While on Facebook, i was talking to my old boss about cars. I voiced my love for the Gen 2 Eclipse, He however bad mouthed it. We got in to a "mine can beat urs" match. So i am looking to build a Mustang killer over the next umm... LOL decade. Or as money and parts become available. Any ideas or comments?

There is an upgrade path posted in the Tech Index which you can follow. There are, I believe stage 1,2, and 3? I know for sure there are stages 1 and 2. It also depends what type of mustang you are looking to beat. With stage 2, you can already beat if not most, all mustangs on the streets.

-allenzhou

gst/x 's are reasonably cheap to mod.. like civics, but theres a wall you hit, A: spend more money to build the engine with forged internals, or 2: CRANK WALK, they are more prone to it.. esp when adding parts.. but thats just been my exp with 4g6x's

theres a 2g TSi AWD on des moines CL for $700 with a blown engine. Selling '95 talon tsi if you decide to get that one, i have a good 6-bolt block and head id sell you for cheap. engine needs new rings and all new bearings and possibly a crank if you cant get it turned, but i found a guy who will sell a good one for like $100 if i remember correctly.

Crankwalk is wayyyyyy overblown. It's happened to maybe 10% of the dsm's out there. And keep in mind, the newest dsm is 10 years old, and even the best cars are reaching 100,000 miles; If it hasn't c-walked yet, odds are its not going to do it now.

Also, be sure to check out clubdsta.net, it's the central Iowa dsm forum.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back