The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

508hp/455tq HX35 dyno

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nice numbers... this setup up is close to what my brother has building!!
But he has 1000cc inj. going to run 93 pump till he get bigger inj. And has a 2g head swap.. (previous owner of the motor) but this gives me sight of what he may reach!

Ill be sure to show him this!

nice numbers...hey did you ever measure your comp wheel..i have a 7blade hx35...and am curious.

Did you really measure it or you just assume its 56mm since your is a 7 blade? I have an Hx35 7 blade too but it only measure ~53mm ind and 78mm exd. so i think I got a 54mm/78mm wheel here High Tech Turbo . I'm thinking 56mm was typo because I never seen a 7 blade 56mm wheel replacement wheel for sale only 54mm.

You should put it on a road race car. Preferably one in Upstate NY that is going to Watkins Glen on the 11th and 12th and is looking for a turbo to test...

I second this! I personally think the HX35 platform will be VERY competitive in road race, preferably with a proper twin scroll setup, and possibly that progressive "spool-up" device I've seen lurking in this forum :sneaky:. Either way, put the HOLSET in ROAD RACE! :D

Just wondering how is your feed and oil return line set up? Thanks and congrats on your numbers.

Did you really measure it or you just assume its 56mm since your is a 7 blade? I have an Hx35 7 blade too but it only measure ~53mm ind and 78mm exd. so i think I got a 54mm/78mm wheel here High Tech Turbo . I'm thinking 56mm was typo because I never seen a 7 blade 56mm wheel replacement wheel for sale only 54mm.

Everyone says its a 56mm, so I said its a 56mm. I could give a sh!t less what mm it is. It made 508 hp on a stock 2g maf, stock head, ebay exhaust manifold, full exhaust, cat, stock IM, ebay intercooler, tons of boost leaks, 100+ degree intake temps, a chewed up compressor wheel, and only 30 psi. And trapped 129 without even trying in a full weight 2g.

It will be back at the dyno probably next year with some more mods and looking for 580+ and 135+ mph traps and mid 10's in a full weight 2g.

Just wondering how is your feed and oil return line set up? Thanks and congrats on your numbers.

Oil feed from the OFH, .078 restrictor at the turbo, ported OFH. Factory DSM oil drain modded to fit. 15w50 Mobil 1 oil.

4k+ hard miles like this.

The restrictor is due to no balance shafts right? Thanks for the info and keep up the good work! By the way you vids on you tube shows just how quick your car is, pretty dope.

You should put it on a road race car. Preferably one in Upstate NY that is going to Watkins Glen on the 11th and 12th and is looking for a turbo to test...

+1

This would be a perfect turbo for one lap of america and would be real interesting put against the old fp3052 you ran the past two seasons.

Everyone says its a 56mm, so I said its a 56mm. I could give a sh!t less what mm it is. It made 508 hp on a stock 2g maf, stock head, ebay exhaust manifold, full exhaust, cat, stock IM, ebay intercooler, tons of boost leaks, 100+ degree intake temps, a chewed up compressor wheel, and only 30 psi. And trapped 129 without even trying in a full weight 2g.

It will be back at the dyno probably next year with some more mods and looking for 580+ and 135+ mph traps and mid 10's in a full weight 2g.

Oil feed from the OFH, .078 restrictor at the turbo, ported OFH. Factory DSM oil drain modded to fit. 15w50 Mobil 1 oil.

4k+ hard miles like this.
This is all most impressive.
I have a 7-blade HX35 that I plan on fully twin-scrolling.
Borg Warner is introducing a new series of turbos in the next few days.
If the price is right on these new Borg Warner's, the HX35 will be up for sale!

Im getting ready to put my HX35 on in the next twio weeks... i just ordered the rest of the parts i need to install. i cant wait!

The restrictor is due to no balance shafts right? Thanks for the info and keep up the good work! By the way you vids on you tube shows just how quick your car is, pretty dope.

There's a few other vids on youtube of me running a few cars. Search for Steevo vs Nitrobasher or Steevo vs Shane.

Don't have a EGT log do you?

Nope

Im getting ready to put my HX35 on in the next twio weeks... i just ordered the rest of the parts i need to install. i cant wait!

Its a fun turbo. I'd like to see what it can do with a few more mods and a better working transmission.

Thats about my exact set-up. ? Have you tried to up the boost? A spike to 33 and setting at 30ish is all I could get out of mine with wastegate line off and straped to make sure it didnt open. Finding alot of boost leaks now can bearly hold 5 psi.

Is that adrenaline motorsports? Also, where do you get your E85, St charles?

Adrenaline? Pfffffffft

Its at ET tuning in Union, MO.

I live in St. Charles, so I get my E85 here as well.

Where do you get your e85? I'm from Fenton and I plan on switching to e85 while building my head this winter and 35r upgrade. The closest place i've seen people go to was in Festus.

Adrenaline? Pfffffffft

Its at ET tuning in Union, MO.

I live in St. Charles, so I get my E85 here as well.

haha I just realized this was you steevo!?? i think...:confused:

I've heard nothing good about adrenaline, never been there. How's ET?

I actually found a E85 pump in Ballwin last night on my way home, about five minutes from my house

These times are phenomenal! Good job! I just bought my hx35 7blade and I'm hoping to get some 11's out of it. It really seems to vary on the posted times tho. Some ppl only run 12's out of them, and then u see guys that get 10's.

Do you guys tune on pump at all? I can only get 91 here, so what can i expect on a close to stock motor, t3 mani, 3" exhaust, set of cams and a precision fmic.

I have a hrc 20g on stock mani on my car right now with a piece of shit HRC sidemount upgraded(ya right) intercooler, and it seems pretty doggy all around. Do you think i'll notice a big improvement over the 20g?

Thats about my exact set-up. ? Have you tried to up the boost? A spike to 33 and setting at 30ish is all I could get out of mine with wastegate line off and straped to make sure it didnt open. Finding alot of boost leaks now can bearly hold 5 psi.

Are you running an internal or external gate? they will flow, I had an external gate error and overboosted and my log hit 76psi before the engine went bang. the crazy thing is it only took like 300rpms to spool from 20ish to 76.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back