The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Oil On Top Of Engine????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zincone91

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 19, 2009
Warwick, Rhode_Island
This might be a dumb question but idk why its doing this but every time i go driven the talon when i pull over there is always some oil on the top the of motor just sitting there and idk what to do to fix it need some help ### ### :confused:

Is there a crack in your valve cover??? That's how mine got oil on the top all the time. Especially under load it would just keep coming up. Happens usually when you over torque the bolts to the valve cover.

Where is the oil on the valve cover? I ended up having to replace the Oil cap on mine for similar reasons.

bought a 1g a lil while back and noticed the same problem, the stock bov was vented to atmosphere but there was a bit of oil getting into the intake system so when it would blow off it would spray oil all over the valve cover.

There is oil in the corner of the cover and yes its on the hood

Sounds like you are blowing your dip stick out. I used some zip ties to hold my dip stick down. Some people pinch the tube so it wont come out too easy but i wouldnt do that. You can go buy a new stick from mitsu or maybe from one of the venders here. Clean up what you can and see if you get more oil in the valve cover after fixing your dip stick.

If it is your dipstick, I believe it is STM, sells a new dipstick tube with a piece on it that holds the dipstick down. Also, If the dipstick is to blame, check your motor for excessive blowby. It should only blow that dipstick out if there is too much backpressure in the crankcase for the seal on the dipstick to handle. Check pcv valve and system and all that stuff just to be safe and everything.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back