The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

painting car and rims need some help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boosted_g1

Probationary Member
Feb 1, 2010
altoona, Iowa
I have a 1g eclipse that has the clear coat coming off and i dont no if i should wet sand it if that will help it or should i just paint the whole car. I also want to paint the rims but dont no if i should use a spray can or not. And with the car paint can i use a spray can on it and will it turn out good. If anyone can help ### do

Hey wet sanding the clear coat off and maybe laying down another coat of color first then clear coat would be the way to go. If your not really wanting professional look, by a gravity fed air spray gun and practice alittle. as goes for the wheels...i just painted mine. 2 cans of glass black rustoleum and 2 cans of clear wheel coating. i used steel wool and sanding paper to give the wheels something for the paint to adhear too. the clear coated it. looks pretty good. good luck!

scuff the rims. i used rattle can paint and clear on mine on my wrx they look legit. as far as the car goes if you go with spray gun. id recomend buying a decent one. i use a SATA 90-2 RP $270 gun and make sure u have at least a dual stage air compressor the worst thing that could happen is you run low on air pressure and spray clear at around 28-30psi:)

for spraying your car im in auto collision at the molment at dmacc have all my painting classes done and everyone in the class used 40 dollar guns from harbor freight and they work just fine as long as the gun is set up right its all about the prep wet sanding clear and buffing. not sayin a sata wouldnt be great because it would but there just a bit spendy.. on the rims i sand blasted mine mine then put 4 coats of rustoleom and wheel clear. worked great for me .. just my 2 cents. . . hope it works out good for ya

for rims i used walmart spray can just sanded and put few coats of paint with clear. and i mean if you want to use a cheap gun you can. i myself bought nice ones (SATA) ### the the pattern seems to be much nicer i think. i have sprayed with both. for a nice cheap gun look into Mac Tools HVLP its cheap and will spray best outa any of the cheaper guns i have one i use for primer

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back