The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Acceleration Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

techmaster330

Probationary Member
Nov 12, 2009
Cochranton, Pennsylvania
OK to start I have a 96 Eclipse N/T and it does not seem to want to accelerate. I went to pass someone today but when I gassed it the only thing that happened was the RPM's started going way up. It seems to only do this in 4th and 5th gear but I haven't the slightest clue what may be wrong, any ideas?

I would say your clutch is starting to go. Always slips in the higher gears first, then gets worse until eventually the car wont move. Try adjusting your slave cylinder. And bleed the line if the clutch pedal is feeling soft/spongy

Dont even try to adjust the clutch cause most likely it isn't that. You will adjust and adjust to the point where there is nothing left in the clutch and then your going to have to find the right adjustment again.
I adjusted mines so much to grab the clutch that the worn out clutch was going to eat the flywheel.
Just change your clutch!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back