The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

15 psi Fuel system question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gstbobby

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
Trinity, North_Carolina
I am buying all kinds of parts right now for my 98 gst, im going to be running an evo 3 16g, using a MAFT and GM MAF, i was wanting to run 15 psi, i was told by a buddy of mine that i can use the stock injectors safely at 15 psi, should i upgrade the injectors and fuel pump or will i be safe?

If that is all you want I recommend getting a Walbro 190lph and I would recommend some bigger injectors. Especially since you are getting a MAF-T setup. Go with some 660's since you will have the pump and injectors to support more power if you want it while not needing an adjustable fuel pressure regulator setup. Make sure you have something to log your knock with though. And a wideband is always helpful when tuning.

im wanting my car to have as best ga mileage as i can get, its a dd, if 15 psi is not safe on stock injectors and pump ### is the highest safe boost?

Your gas mileage won't be affected if you tune it correctly, or it won't be affected to a significant degree, you can have 1000 CC injectors in and a 255 Wally and still get 25+ mpg, its all about boosting, if you don't boost you don't use as much gas, simple as that. Your injectors and pump will only push so much with the demand, if you get what I'm saying, if your boosting your demanding more fuel, which therefore makes the injectors push more fuel. Get it?

Your gas mileage won't be affected if you tune it correctly, or it won't be affected to a significant degree, you can have 1000 CC injectors in and a 255 Wally and still get 25+ mpg, its all about boosting, if you don't boost you don't use as much gas, simple as that. Your injectors and pump will only push so much with the demand, if you get what I'm saying, if your boosting your demanding more fuel, which therefore makes the injectors push more fuel. Get it?

yea i know that much but if i have the power im gonna use it LOL i was just wondering if i can use the stock stuff safely on 15 psi

anyone know?

please someone help! LOL

yea just tryinto find out if the stock FP and injectors will hold 15 psi

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back