The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Valve Cover Bolts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AWD-Wrecker

Probationary Member
Aug 18, 2009
Stony Plain, AB_Canada
So i cannot for the life of me find valve cover bolts.
does anyone know the dimensions of the 25mm bolts (outside 8)
part number MD129023.

im trying to call edmonton nut and bolt to get some.

Last edited by a moderator:
6x1.0x25

If that is the same Moroso kit that Summit sells, I used to use that, until it started rusting. I have since switched over to an allen head bolt kit from Bonehead.

I would think that more clamping force is not necessarily needed as long as everything is installed properly and tightened/torqued down evenly.

well ebay would take longer then the dealership, i need these bolts today and edmonton nut and bolt delivers.

the length is 25 mm,
anyone know the diameter,
and the thread size?
what about that space before the thread?

hey man if you are looking for replacements, i went to auto zone and got brand new bolts that fit perfect for less than 10 bucks. stainless steel perfect thread and they are still working great. i had the same problem. not sure the size though.

When it comes to bolt size and pitch for mitsubishi, they use mostly fine thread, metric bolts. Usually bolts are labeled width in mm by spacing between threads, then length or such. When you find the right bolt please post it as it will be helpful. From memory, and I could be wrong, I am pretty sure the bolt is a 10mm head which means it is 6mm diameter. Most likely fine thread. I would venture to say 20 mm to 25 mm length. I could bet cheap bolts are like 10 cents a piece and stainless steel (SS) are maybe 40 cents a piece. I think you need what..6 bolts? That should get anyone started.

dude there just valve cover bolts. as lond as there all there. you have a few missing ones, well take one out and take it with you as a referance go to the hardware store and they will match you up a bolt. get all of 'em for your valve cover so you have a complet set. there not super important. well i mean they are of course but not as critical as you make it sound. " go to the dealer and get OEM valve cover bolts " sounds expensive. as far as switching to studs. pointless. added clamping force. DUDE there just valve cover bolts! they barley tighten down man, look in the chilton book at the tourqe value. its like 10-12lps. not tight at all. any tighter and you would squish out the gasket and you valve cover would leak oil. just a little bit of tighness evenly across the cover is all that is needed. look at shep racing car, kaizen speed car, what ever. the fastest dsm's in the world dont use speacial valvecover bolts, (or studs for that matter). dont over think this, and dont over pay at the dealership. there just valve cover bolts!

precisely, but a lesson in bolt sizes couldn't hurt. In all reality, do not overtighten this piece. the gasket here is pretty forgiving.

When you find the right bolt please post it as it will be helpful.

6x1.0x25

If that is the same Moroso kit that Summit sells, I used to use that, until it started rusting. I have since switched over to an allen head bolt kit from Bonehead.

I would think that more clamping force is not necessarily needed as long as everything is installed properly and tightened/torqued down evenly.

M6x1.0

You can just get full threaded ones.

I bought SS ones from Lowes out of the hardware section.

Really? Let me explain

M6x1.0x25

M6 = 6mm bolt
x1.0 = metric 1mm spacing between threads
x25 = 25mm. I've found that 20mm are just a hair short for some holes.

Walk into the hardware store and ask them to point you to the M6x1.0x25 bolts. Stainless will work best since they won't rust.

Then torque to the proper torque spec. 17in lb. IIRC.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back