The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

1g and GVR4 rear differential bushings

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black_gst

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 16, 2008
IE, California
im trying to gauge wether there is a need for rear differential bushings for 1st gens and i also have some questions that maybe some of you can answer.
do 1g eclipse/talon/laser have the same rear subframe as the GVR4's and therefore the same rear bushings?
also how many of you reading this thread are in need of of just really want some solid strong differential bushings

also i think 1gs have 4 bushings that would need to be replaced so if im wrong please correct me

i have made some for 2g's and heres a pic of what i ended up with.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

if any one has pictures of how the diff is mounted to the subframe that would be cool also

Those bushings go where the rear differ mounts up to the support 1g's don't have that. 1g's just have two huge bolts that hold it to the support and then bushings at the ends to mount to the body. There is a guy that makes them on here do a search and you will find his thread where he has pictures and reviews from people that have them.

ok i think i see how the 1g's are set up.. my style bushings wont work for 1g's. on 2g's they have to be pressed into the rear subframe. and on 1g's the diff is almost kinda suspended. well thanks for the info guys. i just had several people asking if i could make them for a 1g so i was tryin to help

My understanding is the Galant VR4 and 1g's share the same setup.

I like your bushings better and I'd be interested in a set if the price was nice.

The price is not bad :). much better IMO for the sound deadening of the urethane than the 1 material solid bushings. Don't have to listen to the rear diff whine all the time.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back