The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

gt3071r whos got one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDR7919

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 1, 2005
Titusville, Florida
I have searched and not found to much info on this turbo. There seems to be more info on the gt3076r.
How do you like the gt3071r? What times have you run and what mods.
I have heard that this is a good street turbo and should spool around 3500-4000 rpms.
I will be using dsmlink to tune. 1000cc inj basic bolt ons and fuel mods on a stock 7bolt.
Any input or thoughts would be great.

Thanks

Enjoy:

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f169/gt3071r-turbo-owners-post-##-dyno-setups-here-196553/

If you can wade thru the countless posts, there is some good info there. Its a 2.4 Liter but there are enough direct comparisons against the 50 trim and GT3076, etc. etc. to make an educated decision.

ATP TURBO - The Premiere Provider of Turbocharging Components has some direct dyno comparisons of the GT3071 & GT3076 on an Audi. They also have dyno comarisons of the GT2871 and GT28RS I used for baselines. From this I used to deduce the spool differences between them. IMHO both the GT3071 and GT3076 looked fairly laggy on their dyno.

I've been debating myself: BB 50 trim, 20g, GT3071, or GT3076. I'm leaning towards the BB 50 trim myself.

Well I have had the turbo sitting around in my garage for awhile. I dont really know what to expect out of it. It says agp lr3 on it which I believe is a 3071r.

To me, the differences between the GT3071R and the GT3076R were minimal for the price. I was upgrading from a GT2871R so the differences between that and the 3071 were just a few HP. So for me, it was the 3076R. It is a bit laggy to full boost, but it is very linear. I can get possitive manifold pressure at any RPM I want and then it will spool up after that. Just a warning, it doesn't get a STRONG pull until past 16psi. Then it just goes crazy and wants to keep building boost. It's pretty fun :D

From your profile it seems you have a stock 7 bolt? How is it holding up?

Good. As long as the engine is in good condition (good compression, no leaks, etc) then there is no problem running bigger turbos with moderate boost as long as the tune suites the car well. I'm only at about 18psi right now because of Cali 91 octane. I've yet to push it hard because my stem seals are going bad so I'm in the process of fixing that now.

Well I have had the turbo sitting around in my garage for awhile. I dont really know what to expect out of it. It says agp lr3 on it which I believe is a 3071r.

If you were buying new, I'd say just go 3076 as its a better match to the 30R turbine wheel (ie use more of the 30R's wheels potential) & the differences in spool are probably pretty minimal. Now if you just have the 3071 laying around, sure go for it! There are just to many variables with different setups to say, this turbo will spool at XXXX rpm & make XXX hp but this turbo should fall somewhere inbetween the BB 50 trim & the 3076, which should give you a pretty good idea of what its capable of.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back