The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Pull after rotation

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LASER4G63T

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 4, 2005
Fort Worth, Texas
Hey guys

This morning my car had zero pull to one side or the other driving down the road..I just got it aligned.

I took it to the tire shop to get rotated and balanced and now it pulls to the right.

Here is something that may or may not be pertinant:

Before rotation: Left front rim was slightly bent
After rotation: Left rear rim slightly bent

Anything? I drive on Falkens...Thanks.

The alignment was done about 6,000 miles ago...and it was great until the rotation today. Should I take it to the place I bought the tires from?

Just try swapping the fronts side to side. Sometimes it will pull the opposite direction, sometimes it will go straight. Since it was pulling right, if it does pull left a little it may not be noticeable due to road crown. You could go back to the place you bought the tires. Tire shops deal with this on the daily basis.

Thanks...I'll just take it in. The tires are directional so I can't swap side to side.

Thanks...I'll just take it in. The tires are directional so I can't swap side to side.

A good shop will take care of you especially if you bought the tires from them. we deal with it all the time like it was stated above. basically they should throw it on the alignment machine and recheck and if its in spec then swap front tires even if that means breaking them down and remounting them. you are trying to work through a process of elimination.

Sounds like you got the tires rotated without an alignment? possibly threw your alignment off.

a rotate will not change the alignment, same with rotating the tires DOES NOT effect the balance of the tire.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back