The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Why is there smoke coming out of here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scorpio87m1

Banned Member
May 20, 2008
Miami, Florida
Why is there smoke coming out of here? Does this mean i have a bad head gasket? And what is that sound?
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RRIa1JPuVRs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RRIa1JPuVRs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It looked like it was coming from the exhaust manifold, or valve cover. Have you done a compression test on your cylinders to determine if it's the headgasket? As for the sound, i could only imagine it being a turbo problem, but I've never heard anything like that from any DSM.

I would check to see if you have a leak on the exhaust manifold first its a little easier to check the the head gasket and you would also h\get a better look to see if you blow the head gasket

I would check to see if you have a leak on the exhaust manifold first its a little easier to check the the head gasket and you would also get a better look to see if you blow the head gasket

i watched the video and agree with everyone above ^^^

the smoke is blue because your burning oil and it could be a couple of things, you won't know for sure until you do the above.
I wasn't able to see what bov your running but my 1g bov made the same whistle at 3-4 lbs of vacuum, i could get it to whistle on command even being recirc'd. ;)

there might not be anything wrong with your motor, you might just need a new valve cover gasket. hopefully everything checks good man...

:dsm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back