The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

what should i get for my 1997 eclipse to make it faster

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

400Box

Probationary Member
Nov 11, 2008
Westlake, Ohio
hi i got a 1997 eclipse and want to make it faster

i want to buy some cams a bigger turbo intake maniflod and headers

what should i buy that good an cheap and what else should i get for it
thanks
cory

You should get this-

UPGRADE PATH

Yea, get the upgrade path thing going... because you definitely said TWO things TWICE. Only because you lack knowledge about your car. DO maintenance first, then do free mods, then do the upgrade path. Then you will be farther than i am. Ignorance gets you nowhere.

So just read up, search the classifieds and your good. Good luck bud.

1. Maintence
2. Boost Gauge, Wideband, DSM Link with 2g Eprom ECU
3. Build internals out (cams, rods, pistons, etc.)
4. FUEL System (bigger fuel pump, Bigger injectors, Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator)
5. 16g, Blow Off Valve, Front Mount InterCooler, Intake, Exhaust.

Read Read Read, and excel. Nothing bad ever came from knowing too much.

I would make sure the car is running good first, then start with your basic performance upgrades.

change you timing belt...no matter how many "mods'' you do you 2.0 engine is being held by that belt...and it could all go bye if it breaks

what kind of turbo should i buy and what kind of intake manifold and headers andwhat cams should i buy and were should i buy them from

Wow. For the second time we do not have headers. Do me a favor, and do some research on here for yourself, and see what you want out of your car. Nobody can give you an answer, as everyone will have their own opinion. Once you set your goals, then look at the different options for the parts you have listed, and see which one best suits you.

Before i start My name is Eric LOL

What the guy is saying is we have exhaust manifolds not headers.;)

I just started to tune and the thing I wish I had done first after maintenance of coarse was a boost leak test, so you may want to check that out as |I'm sure you'll have a leak on your throttle body seals for one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back