The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

my car smells rich, really strong, what to do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seamus7

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 29, 2007
InFrontOfU, New_York
hey guys i know the answer is right in front of me. I swapped my 440's to 550's and thats when it began to smell rich, big time. it was tuned for 440's. now that i put in the 550's and im piping in the front mount... what is the quick fix? the only problem is... its my daily driver so the little time im working on it, it has to be done so that i can drive it. what do i do? i planned on putting in the aem wideband and having it tuned again. any suggestions?WTF:dsm:

hey guys i know the answer is right in front of me. I swapped my 440's to 550's and thats when it began to smell rich, big time. it was tuned for 440's. now that i put in the 550's and im piping in the front mount... what is the quick fix? the only problem is... its my daily driver so the little time im working on it, it has to be done so that i can drive it. what do i do? i planned on putting in the aem wideband and having it tuned again. any suggestions?WTF:dsm:

I see u have S-AFC u should the correction for the 550cc injectors in the s-afc at around -10% to start and work from there ...but u need some sort of feed back equipment like a datalogger or wideband to see what your trims are at and use those to tune the car ...:thumb::thumb:

thanks guys, and jjgrizz73... your car pops right out at you i looked up your pics and damn man sweet ride!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back