The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

New to DSM...Normally a Nissan guy. Advice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Q_DSM_Terror

Probationary Member
Dec 2, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
Ok so I have a 1995 Talon TSi. New engine currently in the process of being dropped in. I plan on building the old one 20 over full internals the one going in I plan to Build to 375-400hp range...Auto trans but also plan to swap to M/T. Need local DSM guru's to lend advice and maybe some elbow grease. :talon:

Leave the auto in there... It won't be as fun to drive but it will run potentially faster times and be more consistent at running those times.

Really? I hate A/T... i've always been better with M/T...I've heard that the auto trans is a lot tougher but I've also heard the exact opp too...:talon:

It goes for any Drag car if thats the build you wanna go with, any car with high horsepower building to be a drag car going in a straight line is better to have as a Automatic especially if it is not AWD because all you will be doing is burning rubber. Manual Transmission is good for cornering because of being able to choose your desired gear which sometimes Auto always doesnt drop the car to the right gear.

Well I'm really into road racing and time-attack...not a huge drag guy myself...I've always just been more into the control an A/T gives you...Feelin when to shift rather than fellin when it shifts...:talon:

I've always just been more into the control an A/T gives you...Feelin when to shift rather than fellin when it shifts...:talon:

I think you meant to say M/T no " A/T ", anyway you seem like your set on a manual transmission just get one

LOL...yea i meant M/T... Anyways... Any other advice? I've been hearing a lot about the C-word and have heard it's pretty much unavoidable...anythng else i shud know?

I need the following:
:talon:Thermostat
:talon:Intake Manifold Gasket
:talon:Exhaust Manifold Gasket

Any spares laying around in somebody's garage? Also, What is the best oil to use?

As far as what's the best oil... I don't know. I've heard nothing but good from people that run Royal Purple 20w50. But I've never used it myself. I run Mobil 1 Full Synthetic 15w50 and it's been great to me. The good thing about Mobil 1 is that it's more abundant. You can find it almost anywhere. Also Mobil 1 oil filter.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back