The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

whats a good NOS kit to buy and install.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZEX is by far the easiest to install/use and its a nice shiny purple!

NX (Nitrous Express) will yield the best results if you are looking for reliability.

If you have no idea what some of the components of a nitrous system is, maybe you should go more in depth with your reading. We don't want anything blowing up in green flames now do we?

1st off, it's called Nitrous oxide, not NOS. This isn't fast and furious. NOS is a brand of nitrous kits. Personally i've had great luck with nitrous express and dynotune nitrous kits.

ok i think i found the kit im gonna get.. next question is. can i drill n tap the intercoooler pipe right at the thottle body. thats where i want to put the nozzle in. is that good? or any other inputs would be goood. its a single shot wet kit. and also where should i tap into the fuel for the fuel side of the jet?

To me it looked like he was referring to NOS as being "any" Nitrous kit, and not something specific by NOS ™

Zex is the best way to go if you ask me, and you can usually find universal kits on Craigslist or Ebay cheap.

I made a plate to go between my TB and Intake Manifold that I will be spraying through rather than into the intake runners or intercooler piping. (jsyk)

Edit: My plate is at the shop in my car but it looks like this... Basically a TB Spacer but has the fogger nozzle that goes into the middle/side and fogs directrly into the middle of the air flow.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

what kit from NOS

Not what NOS kit... he specifically said, from NOS. (Maybe he likes the brand because he thinks they have good products, or maybe he has another reason, idk)

Anyway, putting the nozzle in the TB elbow is probably your easiest option and will work fine.

Not what NOS kit... he specifically said, from NOS. (Maybe he likes the brand because he thinks they have good products, or maybe he has another reason, idk)

He actually did say type of NOS, not "kit from NOS" before... he edited it to fix his mistake.

i acutaly went with a barry grant system.. nitrous works.. easy to install and got it for a great price.. im doing a 100 shot. and dam it woke the car upp i cant belive it. ir aced my buddy in his 11.6 gt and we were neck and neck.

To me it looked like he was referring to NOS as being "any" Nitrous kit, and not something specific by NOS ™

Zex is the best way to go if you ask me, and you can usually find universal kits on Craigslist or Ebay cheap.

I made a plate to go between my TB and Intake Manifold that I will be spraying through rather than into the intake runners or intercooler piping. (jsyk)

Edit: My plate is at the shop in my car but it looks like this... Basically a TB Spacer but has the fogger nozzle that goes into the middle/side and fogs directrly into the middle of the air flow.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I like this idea and like the piece you made, but i don't like it because the nitrous is to close to the manifold and won't have enough time/distance to atomize properly.

I like this idea and like the piece you made, but i don't like it because the nitrous is to close to the manifold and won't have enough time/distance to atomize properly.

Oh, that piece isn't mine, it's just a picture of a TB Nitrous Plate I grabbed off the interwebz. My piece is at the shop and I was meaning to take a picture of it when I was there the other day but completely forgot about it. Mine is basically the same thing though just without all the extra holes inside the chamber. How much more can it atomize? The nozzle does a very good job of supplying a very fine mist/fog so placing the plate at the TB for me isn't a bad idea. I probably won't even install this on my setup for a while as I really can't afford to mess with it right now. Swapping from a 4g63 to a 4g64 is going to be enough for me right now.

Every nitrous kit i've installed the directions clearly state "place shark nozzle 6-12inches from the throttle body, no closer" You are bound to run a cylinder lean with that setup.

V8s use that style plate injection just fine.
I actually thought that it was a good idea.

So why do you think people buy/make direct port nitrous kits then? There does not really need to be a certain distance away from the tb or the intake manifold to be honest. The distance suggestion is usually to prevent puddling of fuel in some intake manifolds, which will result in a nitrous backfire.

My buddy actually sprays directly into his Holley Intake manifold, right into the ports. Vroom Vroom

So why do you think people buy/make direct port nitrous kits then? There does not really need to be a certain distance away from the tb or the intake manifold to be honest. The distance suggestion is usually to prevent puddling of fuel in some intake manifolds, which will result in a nitrous backfire.
Bud you are way over your head here. A single nozzle needs proper space to full atomize and spread itself out upon each of the cylinders so they get the same amount of nirtrous/fuel. Direct port has it's own nozzle per cylinder to make sure each cylinder gets the same nitrous/fuel as the other cylinders. Tell me why every nitrous kits says to install the nozzle 6-12inches from the throttle body? Don't you think they know a little bit more about nitrous than you do? Puddling is not a concern on a turbo car unless the shot is very large, and then you should be on a direct port setup for shots past 100hp.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back