The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

rocker arm

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrStudgsx

Probationary Member
Dec 31, 2007
east brunswick, New_Jersey
hey i was just wondering what are the symptoms of a bad rocker arm? I have a feeling one might have popped off.

Misfire would most likely happen. And you would probably hear it inside the valve cover. Why do you think one has "popped off"?

Your car would probably run like a## b/c if you did lose a rocker you would have a valve hanging open or closed. Just pop off the valve cover and take a look. Only a 5 min. task.

Misfire would most likely happen. And you would probably hear it inside the valve cover. Why do you think one has "popped off"?

I was thinking maybe it did because when im driving and the car goes of 3k the car feels like its slowed down and i cant go faster until the car shifts, and the makes a weird noise after 3k likes its hitting a rev limiter. The car is Automatic.

Check engine light?

Where does the sound come from? You can always take the valve cover off like the other guy said and look. But I doubt thats going to be it, the one time ive seen one pop off was my buddies convertable got hit by a deer in the front and somehow it knocked two off and it make the worst noise.

Open it up and check. I had a roller come apart years ago the engine ran fine seeing that there are 4 valves per cylinder but there was a intermintet tick I could not track down. When I removed the cover 1 exhahst rocker roller had come apart (it was still in place) and it destroyed the cam:cry: so 1 cam and rocker later the car is back on the road.

And by the way the big parts of the roller are still mia down in the oil pan ROFL 90k later.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back