The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

lanzar? pyle? boss?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justnobody

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Kearny, New_Jersey
im looking to replace my head unit since its broken, anyone have any experiences with lanzar, boss, or pyle or is it just better to pay the extra bucks and get something like pioneer or alpine. Im really not looking to spend a huge amount on it. Just want something decent and reliable.

Defiant said it earlier, just go to walmart and buy a headunit that takes either USB, SD, or IPOD hookup. Unless this is for show, which you stated you don't have a lot of money, it's better to go with something cheap with easy access to your music collection.

d

Well, I'm personally looking for an in dash LCD monitor. I'll hook that up to a small in car computer with a serial port to an ODBII connector. Then I'm hoping to run DSMLink on it. That way I can:

1. Listen to my MP3's because the in car computer has a wireless nic to download/upload from my computer.
2. Hook up to my bluetooth phone
3. Run DSMLink
4. Bling value

I'm seeing the LCD's for under $300 and the computers are under $400. Why buy just a really nice head unit for $2-300 when I can buy an LCD for the same price. Then work off of my laptop until I can afford the in car pc.

d

I just went with this. Safe to say that this is the best deal I've gotten for my car so far. The Sony HU has a Ipod Aux In hookup. Only downside is that there are no RCA outputs on the back, I did take care of that problem though by buying a line out converter. Worked like a charm...

And by the way it was $88 a couple weeks ago when I bought it...Price went up by $6...

Sony Complete Car Audio Package: CD Player and Speaker Pack - Wal-Mart

I don't mean to hijack the thread, and I know it's a stupid question, but when it says max power output is 45x4, is that 45 per channel or 45 total between the 4 channels?

I've had Boss units, truthfully they aren't as bad as everyone says they are, my boss amp and speakers didin't break the bank and they worked for many many years. I believe my amp I ran for like 3 or 4 years, it was a 2600watt (which is probably extremely overrated on wattage), but I pushed it hard, day in and day out at sound system competition, and it never gave me any issues. Always ran strong up to the day I sold it.

This is the one I keep pimping:
Walmart
It's cheap, it seems to sound fine (especially in a damned sports car, although mine's in a J30), and with a 2GB SD card loaded with MP3s, I've hardly even edited the card in a year of use.
75411d1186308825-max-depth-aftermarket-head-unit-0002303408646_500x500.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back