The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

how do you roll your fenders? [Merged 11-7] rolling fender

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaxon23

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 19, 2004
Gulf Shores, Alabama
i see this alot when talking about lowering...what all does it intale?

After putting on some new rims and rubber. I have discovered that i have a rubbing issue in the rear tire wells (especially the passenger side).

I am trying to find a shop that can roll the fenders and I wont have to worry about paint damage. I have heard alot of guys just use a wodden bat, and use the knob as the contact, and the tire itself as the fulcrum. But I have seen an example of the paint spidering due to shoddy rolling.

Where in the Seattle. WA are can i trust somebody to roll the fenders?

Ryan-

Typically you roll only the flange that sticks out inside the lip of the fender, though I guess if you got aggressive enough, you could actually move the whole quarter panel.

And yes, you use the bat as a lever and your tire as a fulcrum to bend the flange. It's much easier if you clip it every couple inches with some heavy tin snips. Also, if you don't have an old bat, steel electrical conduit works great too. Only about five bucks for 1.25 x 10 ft.

Like Wret said, get a wooden bat a shove it in the rear fender (so the bat makes contact with the rubber and the fender), then just let your car roll slowly forward or backwards and it should bend up the little lip on your rear fenders. That what I did and I don't rub anymore! *By the way, I seen you around before on 520!)

OK, I have searched and found one thread , that had a link that explains how to do this with pictures, But the link is old and doesn't go anywhere.Does any one have pictures of them rolling their fenders?... I've read several different ways of rolling them, baseball bat , rubber hammer , etc. How many ways are there to do this?...I don't want to try it and end up have some manhandled looking fenders..........

Wooden baseball bat and heat (hairdryer/heatgun) :thumb:

But really, a fender roller works the best if you can get your hands on one.

Im not sure if it was stated before, but rolling the fenders on a 2g is different then possibly 1gs and most other cars. The fenders of my talon are rounded front and back. i took my car to a shop knowing that but i had no choice because everytime i hit a bump the tire would catch and pull out my fender. with it being round there no real line to follow when rolling and they used the same machine in all those videos the rear came out somewhat decent because there was a slight line to follow. Im going to be getting new fenders soon and pland and cutting the lip off then painting before installing the front fenders.

Im not sure if it was stated before, but rolling the fenders on a 2g is different then possibly 1gs and most other cars. The fenders of my talon are rounded front and back. i took my car to a shop knowing that but i had no choice because everytime i hit a bump the tire would catch and pull out my fender. with it being round there no real line to follow when rolling and they used the same machine in all those videos the rear came out somewhat decent because there was a slight line to follow. Im going to be getting new fenders soon and pland and cutting the lip off then painting before installing the front fenders.

1. Unless you need to fit tires wider than 255's, and you have them on the proper offset wheels, there is no need to roll anything except the flange in the rear fenders.
2. Don't cut the flange. It's a structural part of the unibody.
3. The front fenders don't have flanges.

ok wanted to bring this back and ask where esactly i had to roll. flange?? pix?

My rear fenders are close to scrapping when I drop the air ride, and because I want to get the rims to tuck, I'm going to need to roll them. So I decided to just buy this Fender Finisher and Heat Gun Kit off their ebay site, for the same price as on their website... Let's see how it works!! I'll post back the results, once it's delivered and I use it. Seemed like a good deal with both roller and heat gun! I could use a heat gun for many different things, so I figured "why the heck not!".

the fender finisher wont get the job done especially on the rear of a 2g its called a "finisher" because its sopposed to be used to finish the job after a roller was already used

and i know this because i had my fenders rolled to fit my 245/40/17's

yeah i see what trying to get rolled. how much is it to get it done at a body shop?? has anyone gone that route?

think i might call around first and see .. and if its too much ill try it..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back