The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

No coolant temp sensor plug make car not want to start?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

overdoseheroin

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 4, 2004
your mom, Minnesota
i just did a 6 bolt swap into my new 2g and the broke dick that owned the car before ripped the coolant temp sensor plug off, thus it is not plugged in. It is a royal pain to start when its cold, probably takes about 5 minutes. Would that coolant temp sensor make it do that? I have the IAC and VIAV blocked off from my 1g...im not sure if that will affect the 2g more than the 1g because the 1g started fine, just idled like crap till it warmed up. Any suggestions would be great, this is getting annoying in the mornings. LOL. Thanks!

Go to autozone and get a new temp sensor. It should help.

Its not the fact that the temp sensor is bad...its just not hooked up, like i said when i posted, the broke dick that owned the car before me ripped the plug off the harness and when i did the swap i nevr had a plug to connect it.

Quite simple 2 red butt end connectors 2 red spade connectors less than a foot of 18 guage wire a stripping/crimping tool.

Build two pigtails then find where he nipped the wires cut back the wire insulation and crimp tht pigtails on the wires install the other end of the pig tails on the probe and away you go.:thumb:

Quite simple 2 red butt end connectors 2 red spade connectors less than a foot of 18 guage wire a stripping/crimping tool.

Build two pigtails then find where he nipped the wires cut back the wire insulation and crimp tht pigtails on the wires install the other end of the pig tails on the probe and away you go.:thumb:

Check out my vehicle profile...2g, not 1g. ;) I wish it was a simple as a 1g, it would have been fixed already..just like i had to do to the last 5 1g's i owned..LOL

Check out my vehicle profile...2g, not 1g. ;) I wish it was a simple as a 1g, it would have been fixed already..just like i had to do to the last 5 1g's i owned..LOL

So why would that matter if its a 1g or 2g??

Yes a coolant temp. sensor will cause for poore idle. The computer will never go into closed loop and will cause for very bad idle. Get this fixed and post back up.

i never said anything about a poor idle, it idles fine when its warmed up, the poor idle when cold it because i dont have any idle controls on my TB, i eliminated them, im just asking if the coolant temp sensor is not hooked up, will it cause hard starting when cold....thats all.

i broke the plug from the harness for my coolant temp sensor. I just put a couple of connectors on it and slipped them on each prong on the sensor. Then used electrical tape to hold it on til I go the a junkyard and find a connector to replace it. Yes it did affect my idle a bit.

Just in case you are talking about the single bladed sensor, that one is called the temperature sender. The temperature sensor is, on the 1G the double bladed sensor next to the sender and on a 2G I believe it is the one above the sender that has male/female plug.

Just in case you are talking about the single bladed sensor, that one is called the temperature sender. The temperature sensor is, on the 1G the double bladed sensor next to the sender and on a 2G I believe it is the one above the sender that has male/female plug.

I am 100% aware of that.

its great how no one ever posts the answer to the question once they obviously found out since they stopped talking about it?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back