The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Share your custom paint ideas

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antiheroX

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 29, 2007
Middletown, New_Jersey
For as long as I can remember I always said " If I get a Mitsu I'm gonna paint it up like a Mitsubishi Zero warplane from WWII"
Like so
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Any thoughts???

What custom paint jobs have you done on your DSM or have contemplated?
Show it if you got it.:thumb:

Ever heard of the Alsa Corporation? http://www.alsacorp.com/

They do alot of Pimp My Ride paint jobs. They also do alot of Movie Car Paint Jobs like in TripleX and the Autobots/Decepticons in the movie, Transformers! They perfected the Chrome Paint... that looks real! Thier paint is flexible unlike other paints that would chip... I'm sanding things down now to get ready to paint my car.

I'm starting off with the Jet Black Basecoat:

With Alsa's Stylin Basecoats you can eliminate the need for three or more coats, by achieving coverage in as little as two coats. Alsa's Stylin bases save you valuable time as well as material with a dry time of 15-20 Minutes.

Then I'm going to use the CrystalFX over the basecoat to give the crystalizing look I want.
With the black as the basecoat, the insides of the crystals will be black. As shown in this photo, the basecoat used was a redish color! Which should make the car look black/white with the CrystalFX and Black Basecoat.

Crystal FX is a self-activated crystallizing mask that works over a basecoat or intercoat with no need to clear, sand, or wash. The ease of application and product uniqueness are due to the chemical makeup, which allows full crystallization in minutes (10-15 min @ 80° F).

Then, to complement the CrystalFX and Black Basecoat, A Blue Candy Clear Top Coat will be sprayed on top. When this is done, it will only show effect inside of the white crystals, Changing the color to blue. I will be using the Cobalt Blue Candy Concentrate Clear Coat:

When all is said and done, the effect should come out to look like this:

I emailed Alsa about how I wanted my paint to look and this is how they described it. I do however plan on adding more of the Blue Candy coat so that I can acheive the look of the car being black from a distance or in the dark, but when in heavy light or being looked at directly, you will notice the blue CrystalFX on the inside. Kinda a 3D Look.

I might however mix a little bit of the glow n the dark suplement the alsa corp has for thier paints, with the CrystalFX to achieve THIS look at night:

Please visit http://alsacorp.com/index.htm to view video, images and read up on Alsa Corp Paints, Leathers and Fabrics. They are the Gods at anything you want to create! All thier paints are severely durable unlike others, and can take scratches, dents and heat. And The Alsa Corporation can design anything your imagination can think of!

This video is 16mb in file size... but it shows how the paint works, how its applied, and how quick it dries! Very amazing stuff! Everything can be done drying and touched in a matter of minutes!
http://www.alsacorp.com/products/mirrachrome/videos/CyberWeb.wmv

BTW, my windows will never fog up...Alsa makes a film that doesn't alow fog or condensation!

I want pics when it done:thumb:

Keep the ideas coming!!!!

Oh trust me, I already have our RKC photographer awaiting the day that its done. But it will be a while for it to be photo ready. Because in order for the car to be fully painted... I First will have to pull the old motor out... and instead of reinstalling the old motor, I'm going to install the new fully built race/turbo 420A motor. Also in order for me to be ready to paint, I need my CF Hatch because I'm going to do the talon paint setup on the hatch... So half the hatch will be painted, the trunk part of the hatch will stay CF. Also I'll be replacing my Turbo Wing with a Talon Turbo Wing and that will be painted. And Also I need to do the mods to my bumper with the lip kit and some other things I plan on doing to the new front bumper....

So I have a few things I need to pull off before the car can be painted. I also want my wheels before any photos are taken, but I might not wait that long to take photos... something that awsome has to be shown off!

That is going to look sharp:rocks: very $$$$$ paint but when its all said and done it is worth it:thumb: I was wondering if that glow in the dark stuff is legal if it is not and you did that to your that would be :notgood: all that $$$$ spent for no reason:beatentodeath:

EDM... I Highly doubt its illigal... But I'm still checking into somethings... Cause I dont want it to be long lasting glow... And some pictures show a black light... so maybe its UV Paint.

Also, the paints aren't pricey... I'll be spending about 600 bucks and painting it myself! Should be fully done preping and painting within 2 hours.

$400!!!! where was this paint when i painted my car? When i painted my car i just got the color the car was it was $400. all i did was add a gold flake so it can change color in the sun.

600 Sorry... But I'm going overboard on painting my car... so thats heafty from just doing a regular paint job... If you wanted to paint your car say... just jet black... it would cost about 200 bucks!

Here's the price list, I just priced everything!
http://www.alsacorp.com/products/Alsa_Paints_Additives_Price_List.pdf

Code Product Quantity Price/Ea. Total
ASB-13G---Stylin' Basecoats (Jet Black): 1 Gallon----------$196.90
CRS100----Crystal FX: 1 Quart--------------------------------$79.00
CB-4--------Candy Concentrates: (Cobalt Blue) 4 ounces--$53.90
CB3012-----Color Blender: 1 Quart---------------------------$34.45
SC1230G---Speed Clear: 1 Gallon----------------------------$163.90
H-222Q-----Speed Clear (Fast) Hardener: 1 Quart----------$53.85
---------------------------------------------------Total:----------$582.00

The Alsa Corp has been around for a few years. I used to buy House Of Kolors Paint until I learned of Alsa. I still have a full car of Shimmerin Orion Silver and clear sitting in the garrage, never been used!

Grey base, silver metallic, clear/metallic, clear, clear, for me. I like clean and simple. Deep, though.

I have never heard of Alsa. I will definitely check that stuff out, Josh. Good stuff.

One of the members here, Painted his car Chrome. I mean fully chrome! Very hot! Then he changed it and added some details over the chrome so it looked like it had chrome accents. I found that and started a search for Chrome Paint and Alsa Came up. Then found out they designed most of the bad ass cars you see in movies.

I've always wanted to work a digital urban camo into my car but don't think i could pull it off. Ether a lite blue and gray/black, or a dessert. It would have to be the digital, and so maybe a vinyl job. I don't think i would want the entire car the camo though; maybe half or just parts. Like, say if i did a dessert camo. I'd have a nice red paint under the dessert camo, with the camo graphic looking as if torn or falling off of the car and the red coming through. Red car draped in dessert camo... ;)

Id keep that stock Talon look, black roof and pillars and spoiler, but in new glossy jet black paint. Then I'd have the car painted a golden yellow with a tangerine orange pearl over it

As much as I like bright cars... not soo much on DSM's... I see that as something thats ok on a Ferrari or Lambo.

But I agree with the Talon Two Tone. Cause thats what I'm doing on my Eclipse, except in CF! Going to lay my roof in CF when I have the windows out.

I've always wanted to work a digital urban camo into my car but don't think i could pull it off. Ether a lite blue and gray/black, or a dessert. It would have to be the digital, and so maybe a vinyl job. I don't think i would want the entire car the camo though; maybe half or just parts. Like, say if i did a dessert camo. I'd have a nice red paint under the dessert camo, with the camo graphic looking as if torn or falling off of the car and the red coming through. Red car draped in dessert camo... ;)

I really like the way this sounds.
How many of you guys are trying custom paint / schemes in Forza 2?
I did mine last night.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back