The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

GT30 Turbo question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM_Aruba

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 26, 2005
San Nicolas (ARUBA), South_America
I am planning to buy a new turbo. My choices up to now are the FP3052 (maybe FP3065), SBR GT12(GT30 cartridge inside) or PTE GT30 turbo (custom made for $1250)

My current setup for the upgrade:
- 550cc injectors
- S-AFC
- Greddy Profec-B with remote
- 1G Ported head (port matched 1G intake & 2G exhaust manifold)
- Tial 38mm wastegate (manifold mounted)
- 2G stock short block (no balance shaft)
- Unorthodox pulleys (crank & waterpump/alt)
- Greddy 3" exhaust (downpipe to muffler, no catalyst)
- Greddy FMIC
- Greddy UIP & Type S BOV
- Fluidyne radiator
- Stock A/C system (A/C fan is located in front of the a/c condenser / back of the FMIC)

My favorites are the FP3052 and FP3065. I am not quiet sure if the injectors are enough for the FP3065. I am also buying a new FPR (Aeromotive) to handle the fuel better to the stock fuel rail

What suggestions do you guys have for me?

I have included a pic of my car.

Attachments

• MyCar.JPG
    MyCar.JPG
    9.2 KB · Views: 616
Better pic up DSMLink, 780s, fpr... The 3065 is a serious turbo, and not to be taken lightly. 550's is not enough to fuel this turbo. Not to mention, youll only be able to run about 12 psi, and the thing I didnt really like about this turbo, is its full potential doesnt unlock really until 24 psi. Im pushing 20 daily on it and it pulls fine. Getting DSMLink in 3 weeks for the 1g and hopefully put out way better numbers I did then what im doing now!

90GSXDan said:
Better pic up DSMLink, 780s, fpr... The 3065 is a serious turbo, and not to be taken lightly. 550's is not enough to fuel this turbo. Not to mention, youll only be able to run about 12 psi, and the thing I didnt really like about this turbo, is its full potential doesnt unlock really until 24 psi. Im pushing 20 daily on it and it pulls fine. Getting DSMLink in 3 weeks for the 1g and hopefully put out way better numbers I did then what im doing now!

Dan is right. I ran setup that is close to that. And I was trying to wait a week before I get my dsmlink and gm maft And at 11psi with supra pump and 450cc. A piston let go. So even at low psi with all that air flow you need more fuel. To support it. And block.

I was thinking of selling my 3065 in order to get a smaller BB turbo. I love the way how BB turbos spool and last. I wonder who else makes a turbo similar to it yet smaller?

Plus too that 2g block will not last at all with that turbo. Dan I'll stay with FP/SBR/PTE and don't forget about Bullseye. But I'm trying to stay on the subject :nono:

I got it. Definitely not the 3065 for my setup. How about the 3052?

90GSXDan said:
I was thinking of selling my 3065 in order to get a smaller BB turbo. I love the way how BB turbos spool and last. I wonder who else makes a turbo similar to it yet smaller?

Dan, did you check with PTE? They may have a custom BB turbo for you. I e-mail them about the GT30 turbo, which wasn't displayed on their website, and they replied to me telling that they could custom build me a GT30 turbo with the Mitsubishi turbine housing. They may have the GT28 or smaller Garrett BB turbo cartridges you may want

DSM_Aruba said:
Dan, did you check with PTE? They may have a custom BB turbo for you. I e-mail them about the GT30 turbo, which wasn't displayed on their website, and they replied to me telling that they could custom build me a GT30 turbo with the Mitsubishi turbine housing. They may have the GT28 or smaller Garrett BB turbo cartridges you may want

You still with shoot your Block out. GT30 is good for 650hp. MAybe you need to look at GT28 :boring:

Mindslayer said:
You still with shoot your Block out. GT30 is good for 650hp. MAybe you need to look at GT28 :boring:

And where did you get this information?

I'd say go with a 50 trim, your going to need to block off your external wastegate flange on your manifold if you go with a FP3052.

I'm running a SBR-GT30r and it's a 52 lb/min turbo... not 65lb/min.

I am only going to run at the a maximum of 19-20 psi, not planning to go further than that for now. The stock 2G short block maximum is about 400hp. I think I am safe to that maximum.

Hopefully I will go for a 6bolt 1G short block, with Eagle Rods,ARP Rod Bools, Wiseco Pistons(8.3:1), ARP Main studs, ARP Head Bolts, no balance shaft. I think that's enough for the short block to go over 20psi boost.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back