The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Proper installation/position of thermostat

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FWD98GST

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 6, 2003
San Diego, California
Hey guys,

I just replaced my thermostat and I was wondering if there was a proper position where to seat the thermostat... I do have that problem of overheating and doing the little steps to cool down my motor...

Just wondering if there is a specific position of the thermostat to be seated or all I have to do is just to plug it in and you're good to go...

Thanks,

Ion

98GST

so there is a certain way to seat the thermostat? Jiggle valve? I'm not too good with thermostat terminology, but as of now, the thermostat seats in well and is snugged... Let me know wassup with the Jiggle Valve? Thanks

It's a small loose pin going thru a small hole in the thermostat housing to allow a tiny amount of flow for pressure release. If you shaked the thermostat in your hand it would jiggle. Not all have them - don't worry about it if yours doesn't. If it does, it should be up (above the thermostat center) not down (below the center).

Is this the same for a 1g about the jiggle valve facing up?

Yes, if it has one.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back