The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Help: 95 Eclipse ECU swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

etirums

Probationary Member
Jan 9, 2005
PHX, Arizona
Thanks to the advice I got from the forum, I was able to find a replacement ECU for my 1995 Eclipse GS, 5-speed. Now I need to find the current one (first), and install the new one. Can someone explain how to do it, or point me to a thread or page that will help? I've tried seraching the forum but couldn't find anything specific. Remember, I'm a newbie... Thanks! :thumb:

I just took out my ECU from my 95 N/T and it was under the hood in front of the battery. It's very easy just pop the hood and look in front of the battery and there it is. Just a couple of 10mm screws and the 8mm holding the black connector on and thats it. Hope this helps. Iheartturbo I think that is where the 1g's ecu is but the 420A is completely different. Glad you came to his aid though. :thumb: :dsm: :talon: :laser:

Thanks bro.

Is it really as easy as pulling the old one out and plopping the new one in? No harnesses or sensors to worry about... no small things?

that straight forwared....idiot proof as to speak....unplug plug in and go...enjoy! write a tech article to help other people out if you dont mind...some people might have the same ? as you

LeJeune123 said:
Iheartturbo I think that is where the 1g's ecu is but the 420A is completely different. Glad you came to his aid though.
Yeah, I forgot the 420a's are different.

Disconnect the battery first. As said the rest is a simple unplug/plug swap.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back