The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Differences between a TD05-20g & a TD06-20g?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Probationary Member
Jan 10, 2005
Singapore, Asia
Hi,

What is the max HP output of a TD05-20G & a TD06-20G?

Can anybody advise the spooling characteristics?

Thanks!!!

I have a td05h/20g and spool up feels as good as a big16g and much more power.

Thanks for the post..but can you let me know how much power can this td05-20g churn out?

Do you happen to know the max efficient boost it can handle?

DSMnewbi said:
I have a td05h/20g and spool up feels as good as a big16g and much more power.

Can i say the TD05-20G can whip out 400hp with supporting mods & a TD06-20G can churn out 500HP max?

BluemeanieTSi said:
i've seen like 100 less hp between the 2 under normal circumstances

so ideally it will be better to get a TD06-20G & can still retain close to stock spool up...maybe 300 to 500rpm later perhaps...

BluemeanieTSi said:
close to what ive been told

what can i do with my exisiting ti-turbo with 10.5T hotside from a Evolution MR?

maybe i should just sell it off & get a TD06-20G..

BluemeanieTSi said:
for the money i would just go with the td06-20g because of the price differece isn't much

This is for Buschur Racing's 20g off their website..

This specially modified TD05/6 Hybrid 20G is the quickest spooling 500+ HP turbo we have ever run. It has run 10.70's at 130+mph and made 450hp to the wheels with our proven combinations... all without the aid of nitrous! This was the turbo we used to run the first-ever 10sec blast in an AWD DSM! Tym Switzer - [email protected] 1991 Eagle Talon - Full weight, full interior, full exhaust, etc.

full boost at at 4k rpm!
tats pretty impressive imho...

at wat max boost can tis td06-20g holds before boost creep?

cfisher said:
TDO6 will hit full boost around 4K.

I went with a Tial 38mm External Wastegate so boost creep is really not an issue for me. Not sure if you go internal. Matters about your exhaust flow, ect..

If you buy it with an internal gate you HAVE to get AT LEAST a 34mm flapper, no question. The stock WG just won't be able to hold it back.

any cons if i re-divert my waste-gate gas into the exhaust?

cfisher said:
I went with a Tial 38mm External Wastegate so boost creep is really not an issue for me. Not sure if you go internal. Matters about your exhaust flow, ect..

Thanks dude for the info....i will take note of this.... :)

DSMnewbi said:
If you buy it with an internal gate you HAVE to get AT LEAST a 34mm flapper, no question. The stock WG just won't be able to hold it back.

Well, according to dsmtimes.org I've got the fastest currently running 20g car and I'm using the TD05H turbine wheel. I highly doubt I'd pick up 100hp by going to the 06 or even 06H!

Tort9320g said:
Well, according to dsmtimes.org I've got the fastest currently running 20g car and I'm using the TD05H turbine wheel. I highly doubt I'd pick up 100hp by going to the 06 or even 06H!

i thought it was a given that how turbos are rated and how they work in the real world were 2 different things? guess i should have explained that better:

that's what the rating difference is not real world applications ;)

The timeslip is impressive for your FP20g-05H!

Currently wat is your dyno figures? Max torque at which rpm before it tapers off, likewise with the HP..Mind sharing?

Tort9320g said:

Couldn't tell ya since I've never had it dynoed. This was on a 7 bolt, internally gated, 264/272s, street FMIC, 550s, 2900# race weight. Just got done installing a water/air IC and 780s, will be hitting the dyno to get it tuned before I run again, I'll be sure to post the info.

will be anticipating your dyno results...

thanks dude...

Tort9320g said:
Couldn't tell ya since I've never had it dynoed. This was on a 7 bolt, internally gated, 264/272s, street FMIC, 550s, 2900# race weight. Just got done installing a water/air IC and 780s, will be hitting the dyno to get it tuned before I run again, I'll be sure to post the info.

BluemeanieTSi said:
i thought it was a given that how turbos are rated and how they work in the real world were 2 different things? guess i should have explained that better:

that's what the rating difference is not real world applications ;)

I beleive that HP difference is if you have a 20G stuffed into a TDO5 compressor cover. A TDO5 turbine and a TDO6 compressor is what Buschur ran and also what Hahn sells. Hahn uses a 10cm turbine much like the EvoVIII 16G and it is a much better turbine than a 7cm for a 20G compressor.

Later

in december ran 11.5 @119 on my td06 20g...6 bolt,ross 9.0:1 pistons,eagle rods,web cams 546/547,sprearco fmic,ported head,650's,2g maf,act 2600,hks 40mm external,afc,weight interior basically gutted

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back