The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Knock sensor leaking oil?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well I'm not Buck or Luv2rallye :) but if the goo is leaking out of the knock sensor then it's time to replace it. A quick search will confirm that is the sign of impending knock sensor death

Steve

Haha, thanks steve. Don't take my previous thread personally, I appreciate the help. Although I was waiting for them because had had spoken with them about it previously.

Thanks,
rivet0r

I don't, they are both well respected, knowledgeable guys. Just pulling your chain.

My knock sensor is just starting to do this too. It hasn't started dripping but I can tell I'll have to replace it sometime soon.

Steve

Mine is leaking pretty bad actually. Enough to get on the axle and all the way down the control arm. Unless of course it's yet another leak that I don't see.

Let's just say I blew some seals, which soaked my tbelt, and I just got finished replacing the whole side. Start it up, and of course, there is still another oil leak that I can't find, and I don't want to run the risk of soaking the tbelt again. So it's going to be sitting until I fix the leaks.

I see oil dripping off of the knock sensor, so I know that needs to be replaced. I replaced the cam seals during the tbelt job, but somehow there is oil getting onto the outside of the cam sprockets.. doesn't make sense at all. The only possible thing I can think of is the valve cover gasket, that's got to be it.

And last, there is a leak on the front right side of the block, I have no clue where it's coming from, and I'm worried that it could possibly be the headgasket. Anybody know if it's even possible to leak oil from the headgasket?

Again, thanks for all the help.

-rivet0r

It's possible to leak oil between the head and the block since oil passages pass between the two but I'd expect you would have other things leaking too.

If you have oil leaking down the knock sensor and not a thick goo it might be from your oil leaks and not the sensor breaking down.

Steve

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back