The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

The Wingless, Spoilerless Removing Rear Spoiler Thread [merged]

Does it look good?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

top down looks good, top up looks sort of like a sebring convertible.

Bambi decided to commit suicide in front of my car a month ago and I am throwing some ideas around for body mods.

My front end will def need to me re-painted, and I also have some dents in my drivers side rear quarter panel that need worked out.

I recently got a OEM style VIS CF hood to replace my demolished stock hood. I'm considering getting rid of the satelite wing and shaving everything smooth, including antenna, wiper, squirter nozzle on top, and all misc. holes. I'm also considering painting the entire hatch black, instead of half black like stock.

Let me know what you think...

Attachments

• Wingless3.jpg
    Wingless3.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 1,057
  • Wingless4.jpg
    Wingless4.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 1,053
  • Wingless5.jpg
    Wingless5.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1,455
  • Wingless8.jpg
    Wingless8.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 1,473
  • Wingless2.jpg
    Wingless2.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 1,487
  • Wingless1.jpg
    Wingless1.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 1,042
  • Talonrear4.JPG
    Talonrear4.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 1,034
I like them both, but.....

I think you should sell the wing and lower the back, then you will be looking :cool:

It doesn't look bad but the Eagle exterior design team kind of sabotaged any hopes for a smooth look.

wingless. both the talon's wings are a mess imo especially the higher one

BlueTalon95 said:
Wingless. Got rid of my thumbnail last summer, and it still is the best thing i've done to the talon

Agreed. Also, redding out the tails is a nice addition. :thumb:

nah keep the wing. Keep the wing, get some silver rims and lower the back a tad and that car will look badass. Oh, and loose the front plate. :shhh:

I think I'm going to keep the wing because it will require welding of 7 holes on the hatch. Sanding the welds down and I think it will be easier(cheaper) just to paint the whole hatch black and leave the hatch the way it is.

BTW, the only reason why I have my license plate there is because I have been harrassed by cops daily about front tags here in Virginia.

Yeah, thats what i figured...Cops blow. If youre worried about it blocking airflow, perferate that summumabish. Take a drill and about 20mins, just lean away from your numbers & letters, and dont drill the tags, but hit everywhere around it. It may look ghetto, i dont know...try it on your friends car first, or stuff the plate in your front windsheild.

Im going to shave my ass (end) and im gonna remove the wiper and rear spoiler.i wil eventually get all the holes shaved, but in the meantime is there anything that i can plug the holes with that wont be noticeable and will keep water out? what did you guys use??

I used clear tape. You may have to replace it every now and then, but it will work fine until you get the holes filled.

what do you mean by brackets w/ rubber? my boy used some plastic caps that just popped into the holes on his mr2, but i dont know where i would find these that are perfectly sized for the hole. any ideas??

bracket may not have been the right word, basically, you get 4 peices of rubber, cut to your liking, lay the rubber over the holes, and mark where to drill holes in the rubber, then when your rubber is cut, lay the peice over one of the top holes, stick a bolt through it, and tighten it up with a nut, basically the rubber just prevents damage to paint. and seals up the hole so as to prevent leakage. You dont have to use rubber from the inside but I would recommend it.

I used this metal tape to seal it from the inside, and I used caulking (black to match the car) to prevent water to seep into the hole. Works fine, and never need to re apply. after you caulk it, use a something flat to make it flush with the body.

Get rubber plugs from lowes or home depot .. that are round and have a flat top side. Get some that go in similar to clips with a tapered end so you can push it down and it will ancor itself inside..

like $3.00 if that

Luke :dsm: :cool:

Yea, that's exactly what I used to fill my old spoiler holes. Home Depot rubber plugs. They are flat on top, and are cone-shaped underneath that you have to jam in the hole, and then they sit pretty flush. I haven't had any problems with leaking water at all. They have a lot of different sizes, so measure your holes before you go.

jessebennerYea, that's exactly what I used to fill my old spoiler holes. Home Depot rubber plugs. They are flat on top, and are cone-shaped underneath that you have to jam in the hole, and then they sit pretty flush. I haven't had any problems with leaking water at all. They have a lot of different sizes, so measure your holes before you go. (LOL sorry) :laugh:

I was actually doing the same thing with my car this afternoon.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back