- Ownership Status:
- I own it
- Eagle Talon TSi AWD
- Transmission Type:
- Build Type:
- Drag Race
- Intake/Intercooler: ETS super short route fmic, 2.5 inch al piping, tial 50mm bov, ported turbo t/b, JMF Drag intake, FP 4 inch intake.
Fuel: 16 gal cell mounted in hatch area, Magnafuel 4303 pump, Magnafuel regulator, -10 feed/-8 return lines, Magnus fuel rail, FIC 2150's, fuel cooler, E85.
Turbo/Exhaust: Billet HX40 w/BEP .70 ar housing, STM T3 manifold, PTE 46mm wastegate, side exit exhaust, Hallman pro mbc.
Ignition: Stock Coils, Dynatek ARC-2, Magnecor KV85 wires, NGK BR9ES
Misc: Scirocco radiator w/ dual 8in fans, FF valve cover, depowered steering rack, STM/Odyssey battery kit, Fluidampr crank pulley, Galant alternator, Avid motor mounts.
- Block: 6 bolt swap, .20 over, Eagle rods, Ross pistons, ARP hardware wherever available, balance shaft delete.
Head: stock port 6 bolt head, MLS gasket, ARP headstuds, FP4R cams, HKS gears, Crower springs and ti retainers.
- Mods-EMS & Logging:
- Ecmlink V3, speed density, GM flex fuel sensor, LC1 wideband, Autometer oil/boost/fuel gauges
- Southbend ss/tz, Fidanza flywheel, TMZ stage 3 trans, Boostin Performance t-case, DSS 3.5 inch aluminum driveshaft, Boston Hatcher rear diff mounts.
- Poly bushings, Eibach lowering springs, STM ABS delete, Stoptech slotted rotors, ebc pads, 17inch Enkei Imola's, crappy street tires.
- Parts Wishlist:
- Coilovers, lightweight brake kit front and rear, clutch type rear diff with FF caps and cover, second set of lighter wheels and some slicks, PTE 6466.
- I've been into dsm's since 2007 when I bought a 91 tsi awd. I've since owned 4 others including this 97 I purchased in late 2013. I bought it from a friend for $2500. He had lost the key and it sat for months. It already had a pretty nice hx35 setup on it so I had some new keys made put a tune on it and I've been driving/modifying it ever since. It's my most modified dsm and by far my favorite of the 5 I've owned.
I've never really had any plans/goals for the car. I just like drag racing and having something to tinker with. I have a new drivetrain setup for this year that should hold up better than previous seasons, and if I can keep it together, I'll be looking to upgrade to a 6466.
Log in/Register to remove ads