- Ownership Status:
- I own it
- Turbo Type:
- Transmission Type:
- Build Type:
- K&N Cone, Injen Intake, Full hard pipe intake from turbo to side mount then throttle body, 1G BOV, Deleted some vacuum lines, Optima Yellow top (not pictured). Fr&R nylon tow straps bolted to frame. Fuel pump re-wire 4gauge. New fuel pump (autozone special) new fuel filter. AN-8 on fuel pump hanger to pump, AN-8 90* to larger diameter fuel line. Front bumper and headlights off of a 1997 eclipse.
- Blew it up not catastrophic but not fun (overheated) and rebuilt head, Bread pan heat shield- literally a bread pan from value village, Driver fan on with ignition mod (currently disabled), Modded Coolant cap +seal http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/coolant-cap-seal-hack.510206/#post-153633394, Red coolant cap cover, Red oil fill cap, Run only 20w50 VR1, Mitsubishi oil filters. Fluidamer pulley. Evo9 80c Thermostat Cut to fit into the DSM housing which is smaller. 450cc Injectors cleaned and flow tested by Mr. Injector.
- Mods-EMS & Logging:
- ELM327 OBD2 reader BT - Torque on Android
- Replaced master and slave clutch cylinders, bled system and high temp brake fluid. Amsoil Synchromesh Transmission Fluid 5W30.
- Motegi MR116 Rims 17", Cross Drilled and slotted rotors /ceramic pads, Winter tires studded random 17" silver rims. Front upper strut bar (ebay) works.
Koni shocks, Eibach Pro kit lowering springs 1.5" drop, Japan made Lower control arms and new tie rod ends, rear camber correction kit, fresh alignment.
Actual readings on laser printout after alignment within spec
Front camber: -1.7 & -2.1
Rear camber: -1.6 & -1.8
- Parts Wishlist:
- Mishimoto radiator? nah, decided not to go with one of these for now because after I got the cooling system sealed up properly, and thermostat working its doing just fine.
Have -Magnetic oil drain plug waiting for the next oil change.
Have -14b waiting to go on.
Need -ECM Link
Need -AEM Afr failsafe gauge
DONE- Fix fuel line issue (has a kink in it)
Need - Replace one rear wheel stud
- Bought it burned out and ready for a scrap yard as the next step. Replaced wiring harness, sensors and all intake plumbing. Its been wrecked at least once I know of and lost compression twice. :) gotta love DSM's
Goals are just to be a nice drive-able car that's decently quick not looking to set records just want longer engine life and some pep in its step.
The turbo has .45AR marked on it, yep its the stocker.
Rules I fallow religiously:
Winter - shut off fuel pump, crank car twice (3 sec shot) then turn on fuel pump
Never get into heavy boost until operating temp
Always 20w50 and a mitsubishi oil filter
Always no clutch to start